Referrals & Admissions
Oak Tree School will initially provide specialist day education for young people aged 8 to 16, including children in care, who experience social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and whose local authority is unable to provide specifically for their statement of educational needs. Children who attend our school will receive individualised therapeutic support to try and help meet their significant needs.
Parents and Carers are advised to talk first with the SENCo at their child’s current place of education. The SENCo may then be able to advise if Oak Tree School is a suitable placement for the child or young person. The SENCo (along with the parent/carer) can then refer to the local authority admission placement process where decisions for referral will be made.
For admission to Oak Tree School children and young people will:
- be aged between 8 – 16 years
- most likely have a statement of special educational need or education and health care plan (or will be under assessment)
- have social, emotional, mental health or behavioural difficulties
- possibly have specific learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia
- benefit from Oak Tree School’s therapeutic input
To find out more information please do not hesitate to contact Oak Tree School directly on 01872 264221 to arrange a visit.